USA Tourist Visa (USA Visitor Visa) allows you to visit USA either to sightsee or visit family or friends. Visas are granted for up to 10 years depending on applicant’s intent, profile & documentation. Visitors are not permitted to work on the USA Tourist Visa.
USA Tourist Visa applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have strong ties to their country of residence and must show that they intend to depart the United States after their temporary visit.
A USA Tourist Visa grants you permission to travel to a Port of Entry (airport/seaport) in the United States. When you arrive, the U.S. Immigration Authorities will determine the length of time that you may remain in the country during this visit.
Requirements for USA Tourist Visa (USA Visitor Visa):
- According to U.S. visa laws and regulations, all non-immigrant visa applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have strong ties to their country of residence and must show that they intend to depart the United States after their temporary visit
- Advance travel planning and early visa application are important, since visa applications are subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past
- It is very important that your passport is in good condition for a U.S. visa to be placed. U.S. visas cannot be placed in damaged passports.
To apply for a USA Tourist Visa (USA Visitor Visa) the following eligibility criteria should be met:
- Applicants must demonstrate that they possess sufficient funds to support themselves and their family for the entire period of their visit
- Applicants must not intend to seek or undertake a job
- Applicants should have no criminal record and intend to strictly comply with the laws of the country
- Applicants who might stay either with their relatives or friends should also provide invitation letter.
- The USA Tourist Visa (USA Visitor Visa) allows you to travel throughout USA and visit USA’s many attractions
- You can visit family and friends
- Visitors can meet with prospective employers or recruiters in pursuit of employment opportunities
- Visitors are strictly not permitted to work on a Non Immigrant Visa as this is illegal.
Spouse and Dependants:
Spouse, common law partner and dependent children are required to apply individually for their own visiting visas and meet the appropriate criteria.
Required documents are divided into:
- Mandatory Documents
- Additional Supporting Documents required at the time of interview
- Application packet to be submitted to VFS
Visa validity for USA visitor visa: up to 10 years depending upon the cause for travel.
The decision is at the discretion of embassy.